Saturday, October 7, 2023

Dia de los Muertos/ Day of the Dead

 

Guardians. 11x14 acrylic and metal leaf on wood panel.  SOLD!!!

I am back done in the beautiful Sonoran Desert and in my winter home in Ajo Arizona.  This tiny town has a big heart and an active art community. A couple days after getting into town I noticed a call for art for an upcoming Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) art show. This Mexican holiday celebrates the living and the dead in such a wonderful manner.  I did not have much time to slap something together,   it I managed to put this together. It kinda pushed me, but rhat is a good feeling.  It is not a very traditional piece, but combines my style and subjects with desig ln elements typical of art for this holiday-minus the skull. I hope you have a wonderful Day of the Dead and remember all those people that made your life special. The show will be at the Art Under the Arches in the plaza in Ajo, AZ for a month. Opening reception is Saturday the 14th of October.