Friday, May 22, 2015

Painting on a Phone

I have been having so much fun doing my digital pieces that I thought I would show a work as it progresses. I do my work either on my Galaxy 5 Samsung phone or a small Samsung Tablet. I use a free app called Sketcher to paint the image saved as a JPEG file and export it into another free app called Pixlr to finish backgrounds, borders, text and such. It usually takes me under an hour to complete a piece. Below are screen shots along the way of completing a bumble bee piece.

The piece starts on Sketcher with a a very rough sketch to get the layout out and gesture blocked in.
I work in loose layers adding texture and colors and subtracting to get the final image.
I export the final JPEG from the Sketcher App and import it into Pixlr to add the background, text and border and I am done.